5 Unexpected reasons why natural wool carpets are a good investment for your home
Heading into the cooler months (and as we look to spend more time indoors) it can be a great time to make your home feel and look fantastic. If you’re thinking of installing new carpet into your home, you will be faced with an abundance of choice. Before making a decision, take a look at some of the lesser-known benefits of wool carpet.
1. Wool carpet does not absorb water unlike its synthetic countertypes making spills a breeze to clean. Liquid tends to sit on top of the carpet surface, so as long as they’re promptly dealt with, it won’t leave lasting marks.
2. Wool carpet also features naturally occurring anti-static qualities. This means the general grit and dirt brought into the home every day will be lifted easily when vacuumed as the particles don’t “stick” as much.
3. The oils that naturally occur in wool carpet mean that the fibre is fire-resistant. Yet another positive feature of this beautiful product.
4. Ticking the sustainability boxes, wool is kind to the environment as it is sustainably sourced, is a renewable resource and is also biodegradable.
5. Wool carpet can improve the air quality in your home. This may seem far-fetched, but particles tend to grip to wool carpets (but can be vacuumed easily to remove) well, meaning that they’re not airborne allergens.
There are so many benefits of wool carpets not listed here- best of all, it looks and feels fantastic. Any Flooring Xtra store would love to show you more in one of the many showrooms across Australia!
Get Social with us!
Facebook: Flooring Xtra Australia