All floors require some type of regular care to maintain their beauty. Hybrid flooring is easy to care for and will provide many years of satisfaction by following these simple maintenance suggestions.
- The best hint to maintaining a newer floor for longer is to adopt a ‘no shoes’ policy. This therefore eliminates the possibility that dirt and stones are going to be walked through your house and potentially scratch the floor.
- The floor must be regularly vacuumed (bristles down) or swept with an electrostatic mop as often as necessary, to remove loose dirt or grit to prevent scratching of floor.
- Use only quality floor mops and thoroughly wash new mops to remove any lint remaining from the manufacturing process.
- Never use steam mops on your floor. Never wax or polish your floor.
- Use a damp mop only – avoid excessive amounts of water.
- Where spillages occur immediate clean-up is necessary to avoid damage.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder on your floor. Never use oil soaps, wax, soap based detergents or other household products to clean the floors.
- We highly recommend the use of door mats at all external entrances, to prevent the possibility of damage from abrasive particles that are walked in onto the floor.
- Moving furniture across your floor can lead to damaging the surface. Never slide or roll heavy furniture.
- Use felt floor protector pads under any heavy and movable furniture, so that they can be moved easily without the risk of spoiling the floor.
- Install protective mats under office chairs or castor wheels.
- In high traffic areas, use rugs or runners.
- Stiletto heals or damaged shoe soles can severely damage the floor.
- Keep animal nails trimmed.
- Keep your internal environment ventilated, protected from extreme sunlight and humidity to avoid distortion of flooring or fading.
- Wipe up spills promptly with a dry cloth or dry paper towel. For sticky substances, moisten the cloth slightly.
- Like any other hard flooring, keeping dirt at bay through regular vacuuming or sweeping is ideal.
Restoration or Repair
See your local Flooring Xtra store people to get advice on when, who and how to restore or repair your flooring.
Hybrid Flooring is 100% waterproof flooring and the latest advancement in flooring. With the rise of popularity in open plan living, Hybrid Flooring has become a straightforward solution for homes where a carefree lifestyle is a priority. Hybrid Flooring combines the best elements of Laminate Floating Floor and Luxury Vinyl Plank into one durable and cost effective solution. You can now achieve an authentic timber look floor with some added features and benefits not normally associated with a timber or laminate floor.