Project Focus: Club Hotel, Kaniva Victoria
In the country Victorian town of Kaniva, just near the border of South Australia, lies a close-knit community with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The Club Hotel is the heart of the town, with locals congregating after work each day to celebrate and socialise. It’s also home to the local RSL, a special place of remembrance for all.
In a recent episode of Foxtel’s Selling Houses Australia, which Flooring Xtra has worked with now for several seasons, the team’s attention moved away from houses momentarily to work with the hotel’s owners to sell the property. The Selling Houses team had the task of adding value to the property and enticing buyers, while also not losing the sentimental appeal to local clientele.
The building has character, but is, to put politely, well-loved. The floors are threadbare, the furniture falling apart and many of the outdoor features not highlighted at all. Flooring Xtra was happy to work with the team to provide the pub with product which makes the spaces more practical and appealing.
A warm and welcoming hotel now retains the same structure but is brought to life with new paint, flooring throughout, furniture and decorative elements. It balances the old elements with the new to attract fresh faces and retain the old. Through clever and inexpensive landscaping, the alfresco areas are finally inviting, while the crisp new white facade drawing in passers-by who may be driving through. The flooring brings a measurable change to each space, replacing old and worn materials to elevate the hotel while being easy to maintain and care for, for years to come. No doubt this bustling local hub will be off the market in no time!
Zion Zen Carpet
- Attractive pattern to disguise inevitable marks and spills in a commercial application
- Cut pile plush for luxurious look and feel
- Wool blend brings the best of both wool and synthetic together to create a fantastic fibre. The wool brings luxury and comfort while the synthetic element gives durability to the finished product.
Natural Creations XL Planks- Wildwood Tawny
- Low maintenance finish, perfect for high-traffic, commercial applications
- Interfaced backing for cushioning effect brings comfort underfoot for patrons and staff
- Protective PUR coating for low maintenance finish, perfect for a hotel location
- A durable and realistic finish for longevity
Safeguard R10 Commercial Vinyl – Mid Grey
- A safe, embossed surface which meets or exceeds Australian Standards
- Perfect for applications such as food service, retail and health care amongst others
- Embossed texture combined with silicon carbide in the surface and aluminium oxide and quartz throughout the homogeneous wear layer create slip resistance characteristics which will keep for a long time.